Friday, June 20, 2008

Bad Blogger!

Wow! I just saw how long it has been since the last post. A lot has happened since then. We just got back from Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I will save that for the next post with pictures. We had a great Mother's Day. I feel bad for my poor husband. He had planned with my mother to go out Saturday night just the two of us for dinner. My mom was gonna come stay the night & babysit. I went to his office one day & opened a drawer looking for a stapler. I found a sticky note with Saturday 9:00 Melting Pot. I didn't think anything of it but Dan thought I did & gave up the secret. I just couldn't do it though. I was not ready to leave him even for a few hours for dinner. I really wanted to go to Yellow Springs to go hiking & then head to Young's Dairy. I just wanted to spend the whole weekend with my family now that my son was finally here. We had fun! It was a little tough on Dan b/c he carried Cameron in the carrier. The trails are a little rough there & Cameron isn't at the age yet to walk there. Then we headed to the dairy. Dan has never been there. I haven't been there in years so to see how big it has gotten was crazy. We went to the barn to visit the goats & cows. It is amazing how animals just come to us. Especially Cameron. He loved the baby goats! (Yes, mom we washed his hands right after!) We then went to get some ice cream. It was pretty good although I ordered chocolate brownie & ended up with coffee with nuts. Yuck! Sunday morning Dan got me doughnuts & flowers. He also let me sleep in a little. We went & got a new camera after returning ours so that was my mother's day gift. We then had Cameron's belated 1st birthday/welcome home party on May 24th. We was so amazing to see all the family & friends who showed up. I think we ended up with about 60 people. We had it at the park thanks to Zach for reserving the shelter. I did have to kick some lovely Mason snob moms out of the shelter & we lost a Pooh balloon (won't go into that-I wasn't very happy). I took some pictures of everyone when they were in the shelter eating. It brought me to tears. We knew we had lots of people who love & support us but to see them all together was awesome. I know my son will always be loved. I will post some pictures!

0 comments: