Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Remember: Summer=warm=children playing

Wow! What a moment I just had. Our homeowner association keeps sending out e-mails & letters reminding everyone that there is too much speeding on our streets. We have things around the neighborhood catching peoples speeds. I try to go 20-22 mph on these streets. There are a lot of very little kids playing. We have construction on the main road so I have to go around through the neighborhood to get to our house. I just had a fun afternoon swimming with my son and we were on our way back. He finally fell asleep in the car & I was hoping he would stay that way to take a nap. There was a car behind me who decided to pass me b/c I was only going 22 in a 25 mph zone. We were almost to the end of the road. When I pulled into my driveway to get the mail she proceeds to back up to remind me the speed limit is 25 mph. I told her "I know I live on this street and there are little kids playing." She proceeded to call me a loser. The one who was at least 40 years old with her teenage daughter in the car. Now you tell me who the loser is. Don't get me wrong I love MOST of my neighbors but some are just plain BIT****!

EDIT: She also woke my son up from his nap. I hope I never see her at a neighborhood party!!

0 comments: