Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What a day!

Let me start by telling you about our night last night. For the last couple of nights Cameron will not let Dan give him his bottle. He will only let Mommy. He has at least 3 teeth coming in that I can see. He doesn't let me get too close. We thought he was just being clingy b/c of his teething. Then Monday night he would not go to sleep. He finally fell asleep at 12:00 am. Last night he started again but finally let Dan give him his bottle. He usually gets it downstairs, falls asleep & we take him upstairs no issues. Dan took it up last night after he fell asleep but the screaming began. Yes, I said screaming. He finally fell asleep at 11:45. Then like clock work at 3:48 this morning he started crying. I waited to see if he would fall back asleep. Did he? Of course not we had a big day today why would he. He stopped crying as soon as he saw me but if I attempted to leave the room he would scream. I was so tired & thought I could leave him to cry himself to sleep. But since his room is right next to ours I could hear him scream clear as day. I got up, took him from Dan (yes, Dan actually got up in the middle of the night but since he works I usually don't let him) and went downstairs. I was going to give him something light to eat. Well, he fell asleep in the chair. I took him up, put him in his crib & he started to scream again. I gave up, picked him up & we slept in the spare bedroom together. We got up this morning & he was in a good mood. He couldn't eat so Dan took him for a walk in his wagon to keep him busy. The hospital called to move up his circumsion but we weren't sure about the other doctor's schedule & frankly Mommy was exhausted with 2 nights of hardly any sleep. He was good the whole time at the hospital. Usually he cries & screams at the pediatrician but not there. He showed his muscles to every woman he came in contact with today. He wasn't upset until he got the anthesia. That was so hard for us as parents to watch. He was half out of it & still waving to the nurses. They were fighting over who would get him next. But at that moment I realized how much I truly love him and how blessed Dan & I are to have him as our son. He was meant to be ours in every way. His 2 skin tags on gone on his neck. There is no bandage & he keeps touching them which is really grossing Mommy out. Mr. Winky looks good. A little swollen but so much better than before. He does like to grab at it b/c I think it is itchy a little so if you see him don't be offended. We go to the ENT to have the one straight stitch taken out of his skin tags & the rest will dissolve. Mr. Winky ones will dissolve & we go back in a month to check that. Waking up from anthesia was pretty bad. He kept trying to pull out the IV. Then Mommy almost got sick b/c of some horrible smell. For the next 15 minutes he was very mad & unconsolable. This is normal but so hard since Cameron is never this mad. He is such a happy kid. Halfway home he was back to the happy Cameron. He drank the whole cup of apple juice they sent home. He then had 3 cups of Pedialyte, another glass of diluted juice & his bottle. Can we say Mt. Rushmore! He ate a whole bowl of crackers without getting sick so he got one more bowl & some chicken noodle soup. He seems to be pretty good but tomorrow will be the tester. Especially with Daddy not here. I don't ever want to do this ever again. I took some pictures & will post tomorrow.

0 comments: