Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Can you say slacker?!

Like a lot of other people I have been slacking on the blogging. This cold weather makes me just want to stay in bed under the covers. There is a lot going on the Farrell household and a lot left to do. Cameron will be two next month & this mom is just not ready. I can't believe that my baby is growing up so fast. We are actually doing his birthday party at a bounce house that he loves going to. We went there for our friends' children's party last month and he was wild man there. After his birthday he will be moved to his big boy room. He has picked Disney's Cars for the theme and now mom gets to paint his room red. I love painting so it will be fun to do for him. Then his current room will become the playroom. I can't wait to have my living room back. There are toys growing out of the walls since Christmas was here. Although he is so good about picking them I am ready to see them have a place of their own. If anyone out there knows a good painter let me know. We are wanting to paint our great room and I would love to do it but I am afraid of heights and really don't want to paint the 19 foot walls. And no offense to my husband but I am usually the one painting around here. Also any storage ideas would be good too. We use the other 2 bedroom closets for our clothing storage and they have to go somewhere else. I thought about getting racks for the basment but don't know how good the covered ones protect against the dust and bugs. (It is unfinished.) This Saturday is getting his 2 year pictures done and I can't wait. He did pretty good last time but was very clingy to us so we had some crying. Now he loves having his picture taken. We are sending some pictures from the last year to his birth mom & foster mom in Guatemala so if you have any advice of the best way to ensure they get there let me know please!!

Last week we had our 1 year anniversary of getting out of PGN, birthmom signoff and BC. Dan had his 3 year anniversary with his company. A lot of people are wanting to jump on the low interest rates so his business is booming more than they ever thought possible. If anyone out there wants to refinance let me know I can hook you up with my hubby. Hehe!

We also have a very big change coming to our family and will let you all in as soon as I know. Needless to say once again my life didn't quite go the way I pictured but it still has turned out pretty good. God has really blessed me with great family & friends. And now thanks to Jessica I am addicted to Facebook and have met even more great friends.

1 comments:

jeck said...

Ka-Chow we love cars around here!! I can't wait to see what you do with the room!!

It seems like something big is in the works and I feel the excitement coming from you post!!

I use the basket lady and I email her pictures and she will print them and take them to our foster family. I think on a.com I have read about a company call King's express or something like that... Will look it up and let you know!