Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My 2009 Goals











Yes, we are still alive! I have been a little behind on blogging b/c I found a new addiction-The Twilight series. I promised myself I wouldn't start them but after the 1st one I couldn't stop. I am on the last one so I will be back to blogging full time again.

I usually don't do this but this year I decided to make some goals for myself this year. My first one is to meet as many of my blogging buddies in person. I have met so many people through the wonderful world of adoption and blogger. I am so excited to be going to Oklahoma for Reunion '09 in June. Candy I can't wait have adjoining rooms and having our own little party. Then it is off to Missouri for Moguate in August. Again I signed up for this b/c of Candy. I am so excited that Vanessa is now going. I really don't like being in car for hours but it will be worth it to meet all these wonderful people and their beautiful children. Then off to Guatoberfest wherever it may be.
I also want to travel to Chicago this spring/summer. We have been in awhile and love going there. I really hope to be seeing Andrew & his mommy, Ruthanne. I actually had a dream the other night that my dad with went us. He met Ruthanne, they fell in love and she became my step-mom. How funny would that be!!!
Aimee-we have to get together again. I can't believe it has been almost a year since we brought our babies home. We won't be going to the X-mas party this Sunday. We will have to meet up somewhere halfway. How far are you from Columbus?
Anyone out there who wants to stop by or is traveling throught the Cincinnati area our open is always open. Any chance to meet any of my blogger friends!!


This is a shout-out to Jessica at http://www.jadenrussell.com/. You asked how close I was to Western KY, is there where you are from? I think it is time that Hannah, you & I get together. Hannah, I am ready to travel to Louisville but the only place I have been to there is the Louisville Slugger Factory so you will have to tell me a fun place to meet up.

My second goal is to begin our adoption for our 2nd child. We have decided on China but we have to wait until August when we will be married 5 years. We are hoping that Guatemala will re-open by then but you never know. Yes, I really, really want a little girl.
Mommy, finally gave in and let Cameron have his first big taste of barbeque sauce and now we have to have it will every meal.

6 comments:

jeck said...

Hey Girl!! I am about 5 hours from Louisville so we would have to plan a weekend thing for us to come. When is the MO thing??

jeck said...

I totally forgot to say something about Twilight!!!! OMGOSH!!! Love it!!! I got the 1st book on Christmas and became obsessed!!! I finished the last one the other day! Loved the series and I look forward to re-reading them!! Enjoy!!

Arena Mom said...

OK, I think I am the biggest idiot ever. I have been following your blog for awhile now and just put two and two together! When I saw my name and 3/4 I was like "what?? What a second"! Than I looked at your March pix and recognized Cameron and your hubby! I am so sorry! I would have said something sooner!! YES - we would love to get together! We aren't but 2 hrs from C-bus and go to COSI sometimes.

Cameron is such a cutie!! I am glad he is doing so well!

We aren't going Sunday either. What is Moguate and the 09 reunion? I want to go to Guatoberfest this year...one of my good friends went last year and said it was fun!

Hannah said...

I am 30 minutes from Louisville but am cool to head to Ohio too. I am planning on running through Ohio to meet up with Lisa and then hopefully with Leslie too.

I love your plan to meet...that really is awesome. Especially since I remember that you say you are shy (me too)

I SO wanted to go to Guatoberfest this past year but then Greg changed jobs and we had to back out. I was born in MO so I should hit that one!

I am game any time you come to town.

Jenna said...

he is so cute!!

The Adoption Journey of Baby King said...

We'll be attending MOGuat again this year. Last year was our first and we are looking forward to it again. Looking forward to meeting many new families. It will be great to put a person with the blog.

Cameron is a cutie!