Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Am I the only one who doesn't have the umph to blog?




I have become an addict to Facebook. There I admit it. I am not on all day but I do check a few times a day. Mainly because I am doing the get-together in July. There is a lot going on with us. Cameron had his 2nd birthday party and it was a blast. I will post pictures & videos. We have our 1st family day on Friday. Dan is taking the day off and we are going to Newport Aquarium. We are spending the whole day together but that is what we do almost every day. We are a little concerned because while at Aunt Mollie's this weekend he became deathly afraid of their algae sucker. Hopefully when we see the big fish he doesn't freak out.

We are now looking at preschools for Cameron for the fall enrollment. I have to admit I have been crying about this. The thought of him not being with me all day is a little sad. I know he needs it and will be fine but I am very, very attached to my little man. He is growing up so much & he is so much fun to be around when he isn't teething. We are going on vacation in June to California and I can't wait. Not only to get some warm weather & sunshine but to watch how much fun Cameron will have. He is so into things now it is going to be so much fun to watch him play in the sand, ride the rides at Universal, see a baseball game & just be a kid. Hopefully he can handle the 5 hour flight there just fine.

We are working on our 2nd adoption now. We are just doing our homestudy now and really deciding on what program to go with. We were hoping to do Special Needs from Korea and actually found a little man we were absolutely in love with. Because we selected off a photolisting website along with a few other families our agency required us to go to committee for them to select who would be the best fit for the child. To say it was stressful is an understandment. We were not selected. I have found out who the family is that was selected and hope they love him as much as we would have. We were down for awhile but are back on the boat. Our child is out there but it will be when God decides. If we don't find a child from Korea by June then we will be going with Special Needs from China.

4 comments:

jeck said...

Right there with you!! The only reason I still do ever so often is because I know the foster family checks it!

I am not a writer and never will be. Like you I am addicted to facebook and like the network of adoptive families that I have found there.

BTW I can't not believe the response that you have gotten for the Indy get together! Awesome!!

Vanessa said...

Good luck with you second adoption! I can't wait to hear the good news about your little addition!

Pineapple Princess said...

Blog more 'cause we need our Cameron cuteness fix! :)
I will be praying for you for your second adoption. That is so exciting. I know that God has a perfect little angel picked out for your family. What a blessing!!!

Torismom said...

I have been a total blog slacker. My computer is acting up with posting pictures and video and I just feel like my posts are boring without them! If you need any help with the get together in July let me know...I'm home all day and would be happy to help with something! By the way, your son is about 2 weeks younger then Myah!