Saturday, February 14, 2009

Birthday Fun




Practicing blowing out candles











My baby will be two on Sunday. I have been crying a lot the last few weeks knowing he is growing up. Imagine how I will be when he turns 18. This is first birthday with us. We missed his 1st birthday by 12 days. I love this little man more than I ever felt possible. It hurts some days because I love him so much. He has inherited a lot of my bad habits being around me all day. Tonight we went to Skyline Chili for dinner. He was eating his crackers while we waited for dinner. He grabbed a napkin and started whiping down the table. He even picked up his cup of crackers and whiped under them. He is learning early!!! He now loves to repeat everything I say and do. Every time I clear my throat you can soon hear Cameron do the same thing. I have to tell him to "Come on" several times during the day. Boys!!! Soon after he does the hand gesture and says "Cumon" in Cameron. He loves his cars and choo-choos and his favorite color is blue. We took him the library a few weeks ago and got some books. He has to read them all before bedtime. Good thing I hid two of them. His favorite is What's Wrong Pookie?. If you have never read this book it is right up a toddler's alley. Let's just say there are a lot of No's in the book. And he knows most of the words now.

Tomorrow we are having his birthday party at Run, Jump & Play. I am so excited to enjoy the day with our son. Today I finally got everything ready and picked up some Disney Cars balloons. He loves them and has been talking about them all day. He got upset that we couldn't take them into any of the other stores after we picked them up. He makes me laugh so much! And let me tell you the twos are in full force. I have decided to write him a letter just from mommy every birthday until he is 18. I know now he will not understand but when he gets older it will be a nice thing to reflect on.










Sunday is his actual birthday and we are going to go to Build-A-Bear (sign up for the birthday club, you get a free stuffed animal) and then have dinner. I love watching grow into a little man but it breaks my heart that he can't just stay little. I pray to God every day for letting us be his parents. We are so lucky to be a part of his life. His birth mother gave me the best gift she could have given anyone and I pray for her every day.

0 comments: