Saturday, February 23, 2008

4 more days!

We leave in 4 days for Guatemala! We have been running around trying to baby proof, finish Cam's room, getting paperwork ready, packing & cleaning the house. I am so excited but nervous. Those first time mommy jitters. I know once I am with him I will be fine. I know from others on my adoption board that b/c the children are older the first day or two is going to be hard. They grieve being away from their foster family. They are all he has known for 9 months. (This is his 2nd foster home.) I am feeling sad for them but so happy for us. I keep waiting for someone to call me & tell me they are just kidding. Saying that we can't bring Cameron home. Adoption is so much harder than I would have ever expected. The ups & downs are crazy. It is all worth it though. So far it looks like all but one day it is going to rain there. We are a little disappointed b/c we wanted to hang out by the pool but as long as we are with Cam I will be fine. Once we get settled we will call you all to visit, one by one. We really appreciate that everyone wants to visit but we have to think of Cameron first. Everything will be new to him & he will be so scared. We need to let him know that we are his mom & dad and will make sure he is taken care of. We need to form an attachment with our son. We love you all!!!

0 comments: