Thursday, February 28, 2008

Holy cow! We have him.

We got here yesterday at the hotel about 1:00 p.m. What a crazy morning! I only got 2.5 hours of sleep. We got to the airport & our flight was delayed 45 minutes. They were afraid we wouldn't make the connection. There was one after but we would have been late getting Cam. We made it with 5 minutes to spare. And of course no food except snacks all day. We got Cameron at 2:15. They weren't supposed to be here until 3:00. I balled when I saw him. Our foster mother brought one of her children with her. He gave Cam to Dan as soon as he saw us. The screaming began. Our foster mother was so cute. She was probably only about 4'10". She hugged me & then we went to the baby lounge. He screamed the whole time. Dan taped everything. Our foster mother, Lucia, made us picture cards with pictures from his birthday. They were blurry but she was so sweet to do that for us. She wrote us a letter. Cameron screamed the whole time & looking back now we should have gradually transitioned him from them to us. I was so emotional that I wasn't thinking straight. There are some things I want to say to her still & we didn't get any pictures with them, just video. He screamed the whole rest of the time. I had to hold him the whole time & couldn't even sit with him. We ordered food & 3 hours later I ate cold french fries & my sandwich. Welcome to mommy hood! He finally went to sleep at 7:00 b/c he was so tired. He slept for 12 hours. I woke him up so who knows how long he would have slept. By the way he had to sleep with us. Our foster mother let him sleep with them in their bed. I am hoping the transition to crib when we get home will be easy. Pray for us. He was really good today. He is very lovey with me. Has to have 3-4 things in his hands at all times. We brought him a dog & he won't put it down except to sleep. He has to have all the time. We actually went to lunch & went & sat by the pool. He has had diarrhea all day but before we went to bed it seems to subsided. I hope! He eats like a horse. I brought tons of food with us but we may be out before we leave. We can have some things ordered if need be. And he isn't afraid to eat anything. He is afraid of Dan however. We are slowly getting that down. Dan can now be in the room but Cameron will not let him hold him. Since we all know I am miss skinny I have no muscle to carry around a 19 lb. baby. I am doing it though for him. Hopefully one of us can carry him in the carrier on the way home. We have our embassy (pink) appt. very early tomorrow to get his Visa. If he is sick again we will go to the doctor after that. Everyone at the Marriott is so sweet. They all love him. He loves the young ladies. The 18-25 year old ones. He also loves to study things. He takes it all in. He is very, very smart. I will post some pictures & then it is off to bed. I have to be up at 5:00 a.m. I love all of you so very much! Your love & support does more than I can explain in words.

0 comments: