Thursday, September 25, 2008

Can you say bad blogger!

I check everyone else's blogs and get upset if there is no new news on their families but look at me. Well, Cameron went to his first Bengals game and of course I forgot the camera. I decided I would take some when we got home. Well, it was very windy and I hadn't kept up on the weather other than it was going to rain later. Hurrican Ike was on its way with winds at 80 m.p.h. Only in Ohio as I always say. We got home to find our big tree in front of the house knocked over. Things were blowing everywhere in the back yard & we had no power. I told Dan to run in and get the door unlocked I would grab Cameron. I grabbed everything I could and headed for the front door. I was starting to drop things running as fast as I could. Guess what?! Dumb dumb locked the front door. I rang & rang the doorbell. No answer. By this point I am mad and trying to not drop him & things in my hands and it is very windy. I ran to the back and yelled for him. He finally came around and I yelled at him for locking the door. As of course he says he didn't. I told him to hold the dogs so I could get in the gate. I walked in the house and guess what?! The front door was locked. Hello! Anyway, we are safe and no damage to the house. We lost the only other big tree we had b/c we had to cut the birch tree down. Dan insisted we go to dinner that night. I tried to tell him that there would be no where to eat b/c there was no power. We adventured out. No stop lights working. Look all the restaurants are dark & CLOSED. Kroger was our only option. We got some food and ran home. No power until late Monday night. Thank God I didn't run to the store like I was going to that weekend. We didn't get phones until Thursday and internet until Friday. Of course Dan had the office all to himself since Todd (his business partner) was on vacation. He got the phones & internet up so his employees could get back to work the next day. It was hard on Cameron at night. He was very testy. The first night he slept in our bed. The next morning I said he had to sleep in his crib from now on. It was easy in Guatemala on P/U because he was smaller and we had no animals in the bed. Now that he is bigger and he turns sideways he kicks Mommy in the neck and then wakes up at 6:00 a.m. Here are pictures of our poor tree. Our neighbor said ours was the first to go on the street.




Naked house with no trees in front. Our neighbor's roof. They just moved a few weeks ago. There was damage all over the roof.





0 comments: