Thursday, September 4, 2008

Home in the U.S.A. for 6 months


I have been thinking all day what I was going to say today. It has been 6 months since Cameron has been home in Ohio with us. He was so happy all day even after getting up at 5:00 a.m. to catch the shuttle to the airport. Every girl that worked in the airport was in love with him. It was a little different taking a little one through the airport security 3 different times. Note to everyone you cannot carry them through with the carrier. I told Dan but he kept forgetting in Guatemala. He slept most of the 1st flight to Houston. Finally in Houston we got to go through immigration with our son. I was so happy to finally say "Yeah he is OUR son." We only waited for about 4o minutes. Amy, Andy & Mayna who was with us (they used our agency as well) went before us. Poor Amy was so sick and almost didn't make the flight home. Then it was our turn. He smiled & laughed the whole time. We ate after going through security and Cameron had his first chicken nugget. He was in love!! LOL! When we landed in Dayton it was pooring down rain. My dad was the only one meeting us. We kinda asked everyone to meet us later b/c he wasn't doing good with attachment. My dad picked the luggage & us up at the front door. He was so happy to be a grandpa and to finally see his grandson. He did pretty good in the carseat as long as I was back there. When we pulled into the driveway I have to say a weight was lifted from my shoulders. He is finally here. He will finally sleep in his room, in his crib that has been there for over a year. He loved his room. He was checking everything out. Especially the diaper pail. That was his favorite. Then 2 days later on March 6th he started walking and hasn't stopped since. I did have some hard times at first. I loved his so much but part of me was so afraid someone was going to take him away. It took so long to get him home that is just didn't feel real. Then one day it all went away. He know tells me he loves me before bed every day. Although in Cameron language it is "I lub you". That was the one thing I couldn't wait to hear from his lips. That & Mama but he started that in Guatemala. He is so smart and so happy even though he has been through so much. He was in 2 different foster homes before coming to us. I love looking in those big brown eyes every day. He is a gift from God that we are so grateful for. I love you baby boy!

3 comments:

jeck said...

Awww so sweet!!! Congrats on your 6 month anniv.!!!!

Arena Mom said...

Congrats!!! I love your blog!! Doesn't time fly?? We are in OH also - not sure where liberty town is, but we are near Cleveland.

Hannah said...

Happy 6 months! I can't believe we are in your pictures that is pretty funny. Was it at the Marriott?

My Sophia was glued to me in Guatemala. She would not let me put her down for a second. In fact half the time I had to hold her and stand..if i sat she would cry.

Happy 6 months!

Hannah