Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Seriously Part 2!

It's official. Mommy has strep. The nurse swabbed my throat and I knew right away that I had it. The doctor came in a few minutes later and said it is not strep and there is nothing I can give you. Seriously! I am in so much pain here. Five minutes later the nurse comes in and says sorry it is positive. I got antibiotics so hopefully I am feeling better by Christmas morning. I really want to enjoy Cameron's first Christmas home. Let me tell you being a stay at home mom is hard when you are sick. I can't take the medicines that knock me out so I really feel the pain from my throat right now. I keep taking ibuprofen for the pain. And Cameron gets so upset when Mommy won't kiss him. He cries so hard. Dan helped out last night so I could rest but Cameron wasn't liking it. No one does it like Mama!! Haha!!!

FYI: The full kitchen came and it is put together waiting for Christmas morning. I can't wait to see his face.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I am so sorry. Dmitry used to get strep like 6-8 times a year. All they ever gave him was Tylenol and antibiotics. I remember he just slept a lot and drank a lot of really cold drink and had popcicles all day.

The good thing is that it does go away pretty quickly. He always felt better within two days.

I hope and pray you start to feel better soon...if I lived close I'd take that cutie for the day so you could sleep.

Kim said...

Strep is no fun. Hope you feel better soon!

Ruthanne said...

Hope you're feeling better by now. That stupid weather was in Chicago and Philly too. Yuck. It is SO hard to be sick with a little one isn't it. It's hard to stay vertical and alert. lol