Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My first blogger award!!

Hannah nominated me for my first blogger award. I don't know if my blog is so fabulous but thanks for the award. She & her family were actually at pick-up the same time we were. We never met b/c of obsession #5. She actually only lives about 3 hours of me. Maybe some day we can meet half way with our families so our guat-tots can meet. FYI: I love the haircut comment but I hope you aren't devistated b/c I am growing it back. It was a bad idea.



Here are the rules to receiving this award:


1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous bloggers in a post. 2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post. 3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post. Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them.



1st obsession: Windex. I am addicted to windexing everything in my house I can. I know, what am I thinking with a toddler and 5 animals.

2nd obsession: Keeping things in their place. I know, again I have a toddler but I have OCD or something. I get it honestly from my mom. Everything has a place and needs to be in that place. My house is not spotless by any means but things are always in their place. All right most of the time!


3rd obsession: Reading your blogs. I know have a list of almost 50 blogs now that I check almost daily. I am not good at doing my blog and would rather read them than do my own.


4th obsession: Candy!!! Anything grape & sweet I love to eat and it is usually that candy I used to eat at 10 years old. Don't let let me walk by a candy store because I always buy too much. My old co-workers used to make fun of me all the time because of it. Let's just say during the adoption there was an endless supply in my office. The best are the Now a Later candy canes. They taste just like the candy and they stain your lips and tongue just like them too.


5th obsession: This is the hardest to admit. I tend to be obsessed with fitting in. I am very shy but love meeting new people. I tend to be quiet because I am not quite sure what to say to people. But once I warm up and get to know you then I can be a little crazy & silly. I have tried very hard to end this obsession but this is a hard thing to get over.



I am changing it up a little and adding 5 things Cameron is obsessed with.



1st obsession: Zippers! He has figured out how they work and loves to zip them up & down. When he wears his footy pjs I always find him asleep in his crib with them down to his ankles. I have to take a picture of it even though it drives me nuts.


2nd obsession: Dog food bowls. He has started an obsession with feeding them their food and then bringing you their bowls if they are empty. He won't stop until you fill them up.


3rd obsession: Dog poo! We have a yorkie puppy who is having potty training issues when it comes to #2. Cameron will check the great room all day for it. Then when he finds it he needs to keep walking around and checking on it. Then he growls (like his mom) and says "Sammy, no, no!".


4th obsession: His stuffed dog dogs. They go everywhere with us. We got his second one at Home Goods while I was Christmas shopping. Then we got home and I showed him his first one that he had before he came home.


5th obsession: Grapes! He will eat them all day, evey day if you let him. I try to limit his intake b/c the end result is just not pretty.



Okay it is hard to pick 5 blogs out of the 50+ I check every day but here goes:



1) Candy I came across her blog on adoption.com and love reading it. She seems so fun (we have never met in person) and loves to have a good time. She got me hooked on crocs & the charms for them. I finally get to meet her in June at Reunion '09 & then see her again at MoGuate.



2) Jenna I just came across her blog b/c of adoption.com. I just found out our blog is on her list so she discovered me first. She just adopted her 2nd son via domestic adoption.



3) Jeck She is such an awesome person and always has the most sweetest things to say when you are feeling down! I really would love to meet her some day.


4) Ruthanne She has the cutest little boy who is only a month older than Cameron. I would love to meet them some day. Dan says they look a lot alike.

5) http://www.thegrowingwarehouse.blogspot.com/ I love reading this blog and keeping up with their adoption of their 2nd child from Vietnam. They made it just by the cut off time.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Your funny. I do Windex and the yellow Lysol. I do it several times a day in the kitchen. I have serious issues with my kitchen. I used to keep everything in it's place EVERYTHING (except my room it is always messy) but that second child, or at least my second child, has helped with that.

As for #5 I could have written that myself. I am very quiet in person, at least at first. I NEVER approach anyone..especially other girls. I am terrible about it. Once I warm up I am kind of silly and odd but until then I come off stiff. I used to be very outgoing when I was young so when I run into people from my younger days they think I am a snob.

Maybe next time I make it to OH we can still in awkward silence together :)

jeck said...

HA! I think me, you and Hannah could be best friends! I am the same way!

Thanks for the award!!! That was really sweet what you said and I appreciated it!

How far are you from Western Kentucky?

Take care and have a wonderful christmas!! BTW we got Jaden a kitchen too!