Monday, October 27, 2008

What a week!

Sorry it has been awhile but for the first time ever little man was sick. Saturday we went to Disney on Ice. Cameron cried at first when he saw Mickey & Minnie. We were the 3rd row and probably a little too close for him. He finally settled down and just had that Ah look on his face. I cried of course. I love seeing that look when he discovers new things. Of course I wanted to get him a souvenir but they are so over priced. We are going to Disney next week and we would rather spend our money there. We left at intermission and headed to the wedding reception. Dan didn't think we would make it but we did with like 15 minutes to spare. Cameron had fun but wanted to continue running around the dance floor while there were a lot of drunk people out there. I think we did a little too much that day because the next day he was so sick. He had a really bad cold and is just now getting better. And thank God, I don't know if I can handle anymore of the snotty nose. We bought a new car last week and I am so excited since we are taking that to Florida. It is fully loaded but we saved a ton of money. It will be nice to turn on the DVD player for Cameron when he is awake. He loves riding in that car. Not much else going on around here. Just getting ready for our trip. This is our first full week vacation as a family. I know I am over packing just like I did for Guatemala but I am always over prepared. Who knew?! LOL!!! Cameron now says Papaw & Mamaw which is what he now calls Dan's parents. It is so cute hearing him say everyone's names all day. Sadly I am actually almost done with his Christmas shopping. We decided to start early to spread it out a bit. I just wish I would have started everyone else first. I know it will be hard not to keep buying him things. When we get home from Florida the tree is going up. Last year I was going to boycott Christmas because he wasn't home yet but the week before I decided to go with it. This year is going to be the best b/c he is home. I am getting so excited already. I have spent a lot of time today thinking of his birth mother. I would love to be in contact with her somehow. Unfortunately my agency says go through them but it has been 8 months and I still haven't gotten any pictures of his foster family yet. I think the best thing may be to go straight to her. Just to send her pictures & updates on Cameron. I would love her to know how he doing and how grateful we are to her for letting us raise him. I am so happy to say he is our son. It is hard though to wonder how different her life is in Guatemala. We have decided to hold out and wait & see if Guat opens up next year. Both our hearts are still in Guatemala and I would love to have that Mayan princess that already lives in my heart. I leave you with pictures of Cameron at the pumpkin patch from a few weeks ago. We went with Dan's parents and his sister and her family. It was the first time he has really just got to play with his two cousins. It was actually 90 degrees and very humid. I really wanted to do the hay ride but Cameron was in a mood and the heat didn't help at all. Evan & him really had fun being boys!!! Friday night after trick-or-treat we leave for Florida. Yeah!!!!















































2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Your photos are great! I hope you guys have a fabulous time at Disney!!
Oh and if you ever have contact with his birthmother it's going to be a priceless relationship. Now I will admit it's not always an easy one but it's good to know the information right from her!

Ruthanne said...

He is SO cute!! Thanks for visiting my blog. Now I have a new one to stalk. :)